5 Steps to Create a Workout at Home
If your workout schedule has been thrown up in the air (or even out the window - yeet!) and you are struggling to pull it back together - you are not alone.
Maintaining a consistent fitness routine is more important now than ever before. Regular exercise helps keep us healthy is so any ways -- by supporting our immune system, building strong muscles, keeping weight in check and reducing stress levels. (Goodness knows we need that!)
If you were a dedicated gym goer it can be hard to transition to an at-home program if you think that means less intensity or less effective workouts. I can assure you that at-home doesn't mean not-worth-it. No matter what your fitness goals are these days, you can create a plan that will help you get there, no gym needed.
Here's an easy way to start...
1. Schedule 20 minutes in your day for "Strength Training" two times this week.
2. Grab a piece of paper or your phone and write down FOUR exercises. One lower body, one upper body, one core-focused and one cardio-focused. For Example: Squats, Push-ups, Plank, Mountain Climbers
3. When it's time to workout...start with a 5 minute walk around the block or a few minutes of jogging in place/jump rope/jacks or any movement to get warmed up
4. Go through your FOUR exercises for ONE minute each, then rest for ONE minute. DO this THREE times.
5. Stretch it out and move on with your day!